The Jewellery Care Guide
A woman’s jewellery box reflects her personality and carries within the creations she will treasure forever.
But, now more than ever, it’s important that the contents of one’s jewellery box are carefully preserved and kept away from germs and hindrances that may damage them.
Here are a few simple, at-home tips to keep germs away from your precious jewels.
Clean Jewellery at Home with Ease
- Wearing your jewellery while washing your hands may damage them. They may lose their lustre and it’s important that you wash the germs underneath them as well.
- Clean your jewels with warm water and dish solution to retain their shine and keep them germ-free. As a best practice, do this once every week.
- Sanitizers can be used only to clean hard gemstones or solid golds.
- Jewels with softer stones like pearls, amber, turquoise, coral, moonstone, calcite, opal, kunzite, tourmaline, and emerald can lose their lustre if cleaned with water. So, use a soft cloth and gently clean the surface to preserve its beauty and keep it clean.
- Silver jewels have a soft lustre, and so they can get tarnished easily. Clean them using a mix of lemon juice and a little water.
- Another easy way you can polish them, is by adding toothpaste to your jewels and wiping it off with cotton.
- Your Kundan Polki and Open Polki jewellery are delicate, and they must be kept away from moisture or water. Clean them only using a soft cloth and gently wipe its surface to keep it dazzling!
- Your precious jewels must be stored separately for their shine to last longer. Keep them in an airtight box, or in a zip-lock bag to keep them clean and away from germs!
- Gemstones are precious and may get damaged if they encounter direct sunlight or heat. Keep them away from direct exposure as much as possible.
- Perfumes can cause considerable damage to your jewels. Make sure that your jewels aren’t exposed to it.
- The surface of the pearls you wear can easily get scratched if not cleaned with care. So, clean them using a soft cloth to keep them germ and scratch free!
Seasonal Trends in Jewellery and Accessories
As the seasons change, so do the trends in jewellery and accessories. Each season has its own unique style, with designers and fashion houses showcasing new collections and ideas. Let's take a closer look at the seasonal trends in jewellery and accessories.
Summer is all about light and playful accessories. Bright colors, bold prints, and beach-inspired accessories are the perfect way to add a touch of fun to your wardrobe. Think beaded bracelets, anklets, and colorful statement earrings.
Fall brings a more subdued color palette and a focus on earth tones. Jewellery and accessories made with natural materials such as wood and leather are popular choices. Chunky necklaces and statement rings are also a great way to add a touch of glam to your autumn outfits.
Winter is the season of sparkle and shine. Think glittery statement earrings and dazzling brooches to add some glamour to your holiday outfits. Warm accessories such as scarves, gloves, and hats can also be a great way to add some style to your winter wardrobe.
Spring brings a fresh and bright feel to jewellery and accessories. Delicate floral designs, pastel colors, and lightweight pieces are popular choices. Statement necklaces and layered bracelets can also be a great way to add some depth to your spring outfits.
In conclusion, seasonal trends in jewellery and accessories are a great way to stay stylish and on-trend throughout the year. With each season comes a new set of colors, materials, and styles to choose from, so have fun experimenting with different looks and find your own unique style.
How to match your jewellery with your outfit
Matching your jewelry with your outfit is an essential element of accessorizing. Jewelry can either complement or clash with your outfit, so it’s crucial to choose pieces that enhance your overall look. Here are some tips on how to match your jewelry with your outfit.
- Consider the occasion: The type of event you’re attending can influence your jewelry choice. For formal occasions, opt for understated and elegant pieces. For casual outings, you can experiment with bold and fun jewelry.
- Match the color scheme: Choose jewelry that complements the color scheme of your outfit. If you’re wearing a monochromatic outfit, add a pop of color with a bright necklace or earrings. If you’re wearing a patterned outfit, keep the jewelry simple and stick to neutral tones.
- Consider the neckline: The neckline of your outfit can influence the type of necklace you wear. For example, a scoop-neck top can be paired with a short pendant necklace, while a high-neck top looks best with a long necklace.
- Don’t overdo it: Avoid wearing too many pieces of jewelry at once. Choose one or two statement pieces and keep the rest simple.
- Keep it balanced: If you’re wearing large statement earrings, balance them out with a delicate necklace or bracelet.
Matching your jewelry with your outfit doesn’t have to be complicated. By considering the occasion, color scheme, neckline, and balance of your jewelry, you can create a cohesive and stylish look.
How to select the right piece of jewellery
Jewellery is an essential part of a person's overall appearance, and it can add elegance, charm, and personality to any outfit. However, choosing the right jewellery can be a daunting task, especially with so many options available in the market. Here are some tips to help you select the right jewellery for yourself.
- Identify your style:
Before buying jewellery, it's essential to identify your style. Determine if you prefer classic or modern jewellery, minimalist or bold designs, gold or silver tones, and so on. This will help you narrow down your choices and make a more informed decision.
- Consider the occasion:
The occasion plays a vital role in selecting jewellery. If you're attending a formal event, opt for more delicate and understated pieces, while casual occasions can be a great opportunity to experiment with bolder pieces. Similarly, your workplace environment should also be considered when choosing jewellery.
- Think about your skin tone:
Your skin tone can influence the type of jewellery that will look best on you. If you have warm-toned skin, gold jewellery will complement your complexion, while silver jewellery is better suited for cool-toned skin.
- Invest in quality:
Jewellery is an investment, and it's important to choose pieces that are of high quality and will last for years to come. Look for jewellery made from quality materials such as gold, silver, and precious gemstones.
- Consider your face shape:
Just like your skin tone, your face shape can also influence the type of jewellery that will look best on you. For example, if you have a round face, opt for longer necklaces that create a vertical line and elongate your face.
- Don't forget about comfort:
It's essential to choose jewellery that is comfortable to wear. Opt for lightweight pieces that won't weigh you down, and make sure that bracelets and necklaces aren't too tight.
In conclusion, selecting the right jewellery requires some thought and consideration. By following these tips, you'll be able to choose pieces that complement your style, skin tone, and face shape, and that are comfortable to wear. Remember to invest in quality pieces that will last for years to come and bring you joy every time you wear them.